ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme4 vcore?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psittac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme4 vcore?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 4:33am
I just built an I7 5820k with this board and I can't for the life of me find a vcore setting in the bios.  My last build was an ASrock Z77 Extreme4 and I absolutley loved it.  I updated to the latest stable bios.  Can someone please shed some light on this issue?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:56am
You're in the world of Haswell processors now, which is somewhat different.

I can only go by your board's manual, since I don't have an ASRock X99 Extreme4, but I do have an X99 Extreme6/3.1, and the similarities are clear. UEFI/BIOS updates can change things, but the main layout should be the same.

In the UEFI, OC Tweaker screen, you need to find the FIVR Configuration section.

The CPU Configuration, DRAM Configuration, and FIVR Configuration are either three separate items on the first page of the OC Tweaker screen, or are just laid out continuously one after another.

The FIVR Configuration settings are described in the manual starting on page 65 of the .pdf manual:

http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme4/?cat=Manual

Once you select the Core Voltage Mode, and depending upon your selection, you will either get a VCore value field, or offset settings related to the selected mode.

In what sense is this an issue?

I have two Z77 Extreme4 boards, which I like, but they seem simplistic and primitive compared to the newer and newest ASRock boards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic