ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Pro 3 - Bad BIOS release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorpsycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Pro 3 - Bad BIOS release
    Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 7:08am
Hi, im one of those who update the bios with that 1.80-1.90(i dont remember) version and now have lost SEVERAL options on my motherboard. Lost completly the overclocking capability
Also i dont IGP video anymore 

I read a lot about it and some people repair it by SPI programing and fixing the Intel ME bios or something like that... where can i ask for a working BIOS chip to replace my buged one?

since this is an asrock bios programmers problem i hope this doesn't cost me too much
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:22pm
Can you still use the system? If you are still able to enter the BIOS then you can try updating to the latest BIOS for your board here.

If that does not fix your issues you can try and contact ASRock Tech Support directly and ask them to provide you with BIOS 1.80 or 1.90 so you can flash back to the version that worked for you seeing as it is no longer available on the download page.

If you cannot enter CMOS and your screen displays nothing when you power on the PC then you can contact Tech Support and order a new BIOS chip preflashed with the version of your choice. It will cost $15 + shipping.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic