ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB port stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB port stopped working
    Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 2:59am
A USB 2 port on the front panel of my PC was working but then one day it was not. The other front panel port is working. Both ports have power. The cable that came with case was plugged into Header #18 on the motherboard.

I uninstalled / installed the USB device via Control Panel for both of the USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference.

I moved the cable going to the motherboard to Header #19 and everything worked, but only for a couple months. Now the same front panel port does not work again.

So I uninstalled / installed both USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference.

In Device Manager I did not touch the USB controllers for the USB 3.0 listings.

The only thing that changed recently was a Windows 10 Update that was installed on 10-27-2022.

I checked electrical continuity on the cable from motherboard to front panel & everything is good. Both ports have power but only one works no matter which motherboard header is used.

Could the data somehow be shut off?

Any ideas & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic