ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - z690 Taichi Voltage Control Issues for BIOS 13.05
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z690 Taichi Voltage Control Issues for BIOS 13.05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shorty1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 5:10pm
hey! i had the sam problem on z790 taichi, but i found this guy.. and it works
https://youtu.be/iK7ueg3Kv00
Liquidpaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidpaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 3:07am
I recently completed a build with a z690 Taichi and a 13700k - BIOS 13.05. I have run into an issue where my voltage offset settings (undervolting in either in the voltage section or the FIVR section of the UEFI) are not working. When I boot into Windows (11), HWInfo does not detect an offset, and when I do a pass on Cinebench, there is no undervolt (based on temps and the voltage requests of the core).

However, when I use the Intel XTU to undervolt, it works fine - HWInfo detects the offset, and the temps and voltage requested drops accordingly on a Cinebench pass. So, the processor can be undervolted with Windows 11, but there seems to be something wrong with the BIOS not recording the voltage changes.

Can someone give me some help? XTU is fine, but I'd rather do undervolting from the BIOS. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic