ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi randomly resets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter_Wilke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:57pm
Failed contacts?!
Kodan1751 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodan1751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Dieter_Wilke Dieter_Wilke wrote:

Failed contacts?!

Possible. I hope that, if there is a damaged cable, it's at least inside the sleeved extensions since the 24 pin on the dark power pro can not be removed. They only added that in the latest version of that series.

As for the motherboard i have set everything back to EXPO + PBO + CO.
Kodan1751 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodan1751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:27am
I think I have finally found the REASON for the reboots. But probably not the culprit.
Following advice in another forum thread where someone saw the same behaviour on a different board I started testing with OCCT:

CPU Test
AVX2
Small data set
Extreme mode
Start at cycle 1
Threads: advanced
Testing physical and virtual cores and starting with core 0 and 1
cycling cores every 10 seconds

After a couple minutes I see physical core #4 reporting problems. Sometimes that core has issues on the first pass, sometimes it takes a couple passes for errors to show up. I think that's what is making it so inconsistent. But now I can at least start tracking down what is causing those problems. Maybe the core is just physically defective on my CPU.

I have a new PSU on the way since redoing my cables seemingly helped a little bit.
Solidblock22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solidblock22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:46am
I don't know anymore was having constant restarts now nothing at. Its been a week now restarts or nothing
Kodan1751 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodan1751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:19am
Errors occured at stock memory speeds (4800) and PBO on auto, since I just loaded defaults.
I re-flashed back to 1.11AS06, cleared CMOS and explicitly DISABLED PBO. Memory is still at stock speeds right now. Yesterday it completed 6 hours of OCCT and no errors were reported. Gaming was also stable with no reboots.
I left the system running overnight and today in the morning there were no errors. Since then I started yet another run and no errors. Maybe leaving PBO on auto enables a boosting behaviour that causes a single core not to be stable and when that core does something crucial and encounters and error, the whole thing just reboots?

Would be great to hear some insight on this theory. Right now everything seems fine. PSU swap will commence either way, though. This one is out of warranty.
Kodan1751 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodan1751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 12:51pm
I've replaced the PSU with a new one and have not seen any of the described issues since. Seems like an extremely weird behaviour but it's fixed.
Skybuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 9:02am
Your hunch that PBO2 is causing the crashes might be the correct one.

Currently PBO2 could maybe lead to over voltage being supplied to the CPU.

It depends on frequency and temperature of CPU.

Leaving of PBO2 should be better for stability, also check latest bios/firmware updates, there are found problems with older bioses that could even blow up these processors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic