ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pro B650 Pro RS will not boot from USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro B650 Pro RS will not boot from USB
    Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:27am
Hello,
      I am having issues getting my AM 5 Pro B650 Pro RS to boot from a usb flash drive. The system will post and I can get into the bios. All of my hardware is detected and I have checked the memory against the compatibility list and it was listed. I have tried using the media creation tool and Rufus with the same result. The system will just sit at a black screen once the USB device is selected. I will admit that the BIOS on this system is difficult and I dont know what a lot of it does. So I have left everything as is. The bios version that is installed is 1.09. I have tried using 1 stick of memory using either stick and the result is the same. Temps look good but at idle its not doing much LOL. My system is built with the following hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Memory:CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX5M2B6000C40W

SSD:WD BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 4.0 Internal Solid State Drive WDBB9J0010BNC-NRSN

CPU cooler:iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler

Video: Just trying with onboard for now.

Any help is appreciated. Guides, videos anything. I am just wanting to get a OS on this rig. I also want to know if it sounds like anything may be defective before my newegg return window closes.

Thank you for your time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic