ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B650 PG Lightning GPU issies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock B650 PG Lightning GPU issies
    Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 7:06pm
Hope someone can help me.

So i decided to buy the new AM5 Asrock B650 PG Lightning motherboard and installed everything fine and pc booted normally but then when i put my old gtx 1080 in the issues happened (waiting for the amd 7900 xtx to replace my old GPU)

The pc sometimes boots using the 1080 and sometimes doesnt, when in windows its sometimes detected and sometimes its not but even if its detecting my gtx 1080 the pc will freeze sooner or later (usually within 5 minutes).

I've tried updating the BIOS of both the motherboard and the GPU and ive reinstaled windows multiple times and tested it on both windows 10 and 11.

I've tried slotting my GPU into one of the x2 pcie lanes and there it works just fine.

I send the motherboard back for RMA telling them the x16 slot is dead or not functioning properly and they send me an email back telling me it works just fine and they wont RMA it.

Please someone have an answer for me cause i lost my mind trying to figure this issue out with 2-3 days of troubleshooting only comming to the conclusion that the pcix16 lane is dead while my supplier says it's working just fine.
Dlovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 7:07pm
PS: i also tried another GPU in the x16 slot (also an older NVIDIA card) and it also didnt work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic