ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A520M-HDV dual monitors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derubou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A520M-HDV dual monitors
    Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 11:30pm
I've got a new computer with the A520M-HDV motherboard. Using the integrated graphics, I have the main display configured and working correctly. When I attach a second display while the computer is running (dual boot - this happens in Windows 11 and in Ubuntu 22), the second display is detected and I'm able to extend the desktop. But when I reboot, both screens are blank. No boot menu, no OS, nothing. I have to disconnect the second display and cold boot the machine in order to get the display working.

Is there a way to have this boot with both displays attached? Would I have better luck adding a separate graphics card?

Thanks.
SerchTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerchTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 5:23am
Hi

I haven't experience with APUs or iGPUs but if you share the following specifications you will be more likely to receive help from other users:

- APU (CPU with integrated graphics) and BIOS version
- Monitors make, models and resolutions
- Cables and adapters used to connect them

I would also open a support ticket with ASRock providing the aforementioned information

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

And yes, a dedicated GPU offers advantages but it is possible that the problems come from the monitors, cables or adapters used so IMO better know the answers before spending more money.

Good luck
X399 Taichi (4.03)
Threadripper 2950X
DDR4 2 x HX432C16FB3K2/32
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 8:03am
HDMI?
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic