ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X470 MASTER SLI - NVME disk not recognized anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 MASTER SLI - NVME disk not recognized anymore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucazanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 MASTER SLI - NVME disk not recognized anymore
    Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 6:10am
Greetings to the forum Members

I have a problem with my ASROCK x470 MASTER SLI

Configuration:
ASROCK X470 MASTER SLI
AMD RYZEN 5 2600X
16 GB RAM
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Eagle OC 12G (REV2.0)
Crucial P3 1Tb Ct1000P3Ssd8 Pcie 3.0 3D Nand Nvme M.2
Kingston KC2000 (SKC2000M8/500G) SSDM.2 2280 NVMe 500 Gb
SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D da 1TB
AN OLD 4TB HARD DISK
WIN10 PRO (LICENSED)

My problem started a week ago, i had my os on the kingston (on the second nvme port) and the crucial was on the "first port" (the one near the graphic card).
All was working "fine" then after a cleanup made with the windows utility to free some space on the Kingston drive it happened a strange thing: it was like the drive was "powered down" after few minutes from the boot.
I was able to use the pc from 3 to five minutes, then the main drive disappeared like it lost power. If i reset the PC didn't saw the drive anymore, i had to power down the entire system, then i powered it up again and it started to see the drive again, but like before after few minutes it stops working.
I had to install the os on the crucial (the one on the first port ) and it's working fine, but if i want to see my kingstone again i have to power down the entire syste and power up again.. then it works for a couple of minutes and it disappears again ....
In the past, with the same board happened that a couple of ssd disks that worked fine and great until a moment stopped working abruptly, like they were "burned" and there wasn't any way to use them again on the same board or on other pcs.
Do you have a way to test the board to see if there's a problem with some of it's functions?
i've updated the bios to the last ones and i use the newest drivers.

thanks for your answers
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 8:00am
Check the SMART data for the drive.
>Check S.M.A.R.T. Status with CrystalDiskInfo
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
lucazanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucazanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 4:17am
Hello, Thanks for the answer.

I succeeded to do it during the hollydays only .....
in the first screen there's the usual status, in the 2nd screen the smart info after i restarted the pc and the disk was seen by the system.

I used the opportunity to save some data from the disk (so to say that the data is still there until now)
lucazanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucazanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 4:29am
Hello, Thanks for the answer.

I succeeded to do it during the holidays only .....
On the first screen there's the usual status, on the 2nd screen the smart info after I restarted the pc and the disk was seen by the system.

I used the opportunity to save some data from the disk (so to say that the data is still there until now)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rxpukdqVPrfBKGaMu884RdMaJ5Rezt4k/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CvcHEmT-rtt1Quiqq5_mOlu0R6nZsnu2/view?usp=share_link

After a while the drive shut off again and i cant see it anumore again

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic