ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating Fatal1ty P67 Professional BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating Fatal1ty P67 Professional BIOS
    Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 5:02pm
I'm the OP of this thread but I couldn't access my account anymore.

I've managed to update the BIOS to L3.21A.
To no avail.

No problem during flashing the BIOS and I can boot to Windows, but I am very disappointed to realise that this board cannot use more than 8 GB of RAM.

And that's 2x4 GB, not a single 8 GB of RAM.

The technical specs mentioned this board is capable of running up to 32 GB of RAM, so that means it's 4x8 GB, but even with a single 8 GB RAM regardless of slot, the board doesn't post or boot. This after the BIOS was updated to L3.21A and I could confirm the update/version when I went to the BIOS.

What's wrong with this board? Does it mean it can only use up to 16 GB of RAM and only if you're using 4x4 setup instead of 2x8 like many people said to me? Even after updating the BIOS? I'm stuck with only 4 GB RAM sticks?

No reply from ASRock. Maybe because it's true that this board is incapable of running a single 8 GB RAM stick?
Tristram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 6:15pm
ASRock = Imgur selling motherboards?

ASRock, mind answering this problem?

I've been asking around and people said I should contact you. But they also warned me you intentionally ignore and refuse to answer all support requests and they've never received any response from you. This is both suspicous and ridiculous.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 11:43pm
This isn't ASRock Tech support, it's ASRock's community forum. If you want direct
assistance from ASRock you need to open a support ticket:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Your particular case will require help from them directly, I doubt anyone on the
forums can help unless they have experienced the same issue and resolved it.
You likely won't get a response from them until after new year however.

Good luck.
Tristram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 8:27pm
Sorry about that.

I understood this is ASRock's community forum, or in other words, self-help forum, but ASRock rep came here from time to time. That's why I thought maybe I could give it a try.

I've also been trying to get answers from them through their support page since October to no avail. I've got no answer. It'd make sense if I don't receive an answer now because I submitted it two days ago. But I've been trying for over two months and have yet to receive a reply.

That's why I asked around. And what people kept telling me about them are not what I expected and they made me worried.
Tristram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:10pm
Can a moderator or administrator change the title of the thread?

It's poorly worded. It should be "Fatal1ty P67 Professional Problem with RAM/Memory" because this is indeed the RAM issue/problem with Fatal1ty P67 board (and ASRock P67 boards in general, since all people I asked about ASRock P67 boards claimed having the same issue with ASRock P67 boards, not just the Fatal1ty P67). Worth mentioning, Asus boards don't have this problem.

And if any of you knows how to contact ASRock support directly please let me know. They don't respond to support requests submitted through their support page.

Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic