ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot locate Restore On AC/Power Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegisteredMember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot locate Restore On AC/Power Loss
    Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 3:21am
Hello

I cannot locate Restore On AC/Power Loss in ASRock B450 Pro4 bios P3.60

Had a power outage yesterday and the system shutdown but did not automatically turn on when the AC power was restored.

Any help would be most appreciated.

escherzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escherzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 9:31am
Go into the bios and it should be located under the following: Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > Restore On AC Power Loss > Power On
RegisteredMember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegisteredMember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 11:14am
Thanks for the reply unfortunately that option is not there.

Is it even in the Bios I am running?

Should I update the Bios?

If so which version is the best for my system? ( AMD 3700x w B450 Pro4 )
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 8:50pm
That's weird. I don't have that motherboard, but I'd think they're all similar.

As escherzi wrote, the option is in Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > Restore On AC Power Loss... for my B450M Pro4 R2.0 running the latest BIOS (5.70 in my case).

If you're using 3700X (Matisse), I don't see why you shouldn't update to the latest BIOS (5.60), regardless of the option. I don't recommend the latest BIOS only for older Zen/Zen+ CPUs (1000/2000 series CPU and 3000 series APU). 3700X has the same IO-Die as 5000 series CPUs, so I'd have no problem recommending the latest BIOS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegisteredMember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 10:21pm
Definitely not in 3.6

I?™m sort of ticked off with ASRock. An option as universal as this to be left out of the firmware. Should have seen this when I first built the system almost 3 years ago but was in a rush to replace a system that died from failing capacitors.   

The system has been very stable (knock on wood). It?™s on 24/7 and I need a stable system.

I?™m apprehensive about updating after reading the warnings on the ASRock website about NOT flashing the BIOS if your system is stable and functioning.

To make things worse it appears that there is no method to rollback to a pervious version once updated.

If the update bricks or destabilizes the motherboard the cost of replacement has more then double what I originally paid.

Any guidance on how I should proceed would be most appreciated.

eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 10:39pm
Well, I don't have the exact setup you have, so my opinion is just what it is, an opinion.

But I have an R3-3300X (similar to your 3700X with one of the CCX's disabled) running wonderfully on an AsrockRack motherboard with AGESA 1.2.0.7, as well as an R5-5600 on an Asrock B550 PG-ITX/ax board with the latest BIOS running like champs. I also have a number of 2000-series CPUs on Asrock boards on old BIOS (original AGESA 1.0.0.6), and they've been the most stable and reliable PCs I've *ever* owned (much longer ownership history than the above mentioned 3300X & 5600 systems), but I attribute this to AMD, rather than Asrock.

Also, according to the B450 Pro4 BIOS page, it says, "User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version." only for 3.50 and earlier. I don't see it saying you won't be able to go back to 3.60 anywhere, but then, I wouldn't trust their BIOS pages with my life or anything.

Me personally? If I had a 3700X, I'd update to the latest. I'd make sure I have a working backup power supply (UPS) when I do it, though.
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 3:50am
Originally posted by RegisteredMember RegisteredMember wrote:

Hello

I cannot locate Restore On AC/Power Loss in ASRock B450 Pro4 bios P3.60

Had a power outage yesterday and the system shutdown but did not automatically turn on when the AC power was restored.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I have that motherboard and that BIOS and the option was there for me.
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegisteredMember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 7:02am
Can you snap a pic of the screen and post it?

Will triple check the BIOS this weekend and snap a pic as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegisteredMember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 7:18am
Originally posted by eccential eccential wrote:

only for 3.50 and earlier. I don't see it saying you won't be able to go back to 3.60 anywhere,

You are correct.

Originally posted by eccential eccential wrote:

I'd make sure I have a working backup power supply (UPS) when I do it, though..

Check Check.
dtgriscom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtgriscom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:55pm
BTW, I had the same problem on my system. Running BIOS version 3.5, there was no "Restore on AC power" option.

But, when I upgraded to BIOS 5.2, the option appeared and seemed to work. (Note that the choice was to boot or to not boot when power appears; there is no option to "boot if was running when powered off".)

FYI...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic