ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 desktop system and M.2 detec
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 desktop system and M.2 detec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 desktop system and M.2 detec
    Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 2:33am
I am able to use an M.2 SATA drive directly connected to the M2_2 slot to be detected in the BIOS (Storage), however it wont detect the M.2 SATA or NVMe drive if I use the ASRock u.2 kit with a u.2 cable and connect the same M.2 SATA drive. In the BIOS I have set M2_2/SATA3.4/SATA 3_5 swithc to Force M.2. My BIOs version is 1.30 and I am running ubuntu 14.04 desktop on a different SATA drive attached to the system. I dont need the M.2 drive to be bootable, just need it to be detected. It is not detected in the Storage Config of the UEFI BIOS, the Syetm Browser in the BIOS or the Disks once it is fully booted and OS is running.
ksr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 5:00am
Upgraded successfully to BIOS: v2.50 (latest) which has support for NVMe. However M.2_2 still doesnt show the drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic