ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPU takes a while to initialize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPU takes a while to initialize
    Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:30pm
This is normal behavior, the more hardware is connected, the longer the boot process will take.
But lets be honest, how many times a day, do you start your system.
Is it really that big of an issue.
I have seen comments like this many times, and only when all day long You just power on the system, shutdown, and power on again, it would make a huge difference.
More important is, if the system runs stable, ir yes, don't bother to get the boot time down, it's a waste of time
Kind Regards
Blindeagle141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blindeagle141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 11:17am
Just built my system and wanted to check that this is normal. My average boot up time is around 30-45 seconds which i think is crazy but im wondering if there is something wrong? It seems my board gets stuck on the gpu led for about 7-10 seconds then it goes through everything fine.

Video to show you what i mean : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZH6ZOqOxHYs

All new parts :
Motherboard Asrock z790 sonic
Gpu XFX 7900xtx
Nvme : kingston fury renegade
Bios version : 2.06

Stress tested everything and works perfectly fine. But as you can see from the video it just sits on the VGA led for a while. Also the fans spin really fast until we get to the asork splash screen. Not sure if this is normal etc but its a new build so just really want to know if something is wrong
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic