ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650E steel legend wi-fi weird bios issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650E steel legend wi-fi weird bios issue
    Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 1:46am
Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wi-fi Motherboard Ryzen 7 7700x CPU G.Skill Flare x5 series 32gb (2x16gb) DDR5 6000 cl36 ram

I purchased these 3 products and upgraded my existing system.

I had a problem like this. I can't change any settings in bios.

For example, if I want to turn on Eco mode. After making the necessary settings from the bios, save and restart. Sometimes the system shuts down on the desktop. And there is audio lag and distortion. Also the mouse lags.

Even if I set the settings to default, the problems persist. It just fix with Cmos clear.

The system runs normal with the default settings.

What is the cause of this problem?

It's weird because I made the necessary settings to enable secure boot. First, the system shut down again with the same problem. I did cmos clear. I can now use it with secure boot active.

But when I make a setting for Ram, CPU and other options, the system does not work correctly.

I tried all bios versions.

Sometimes the system crashes in the bios menu. Once when I was doing a bios update, it got locked out of the system and I loaded the bios again with flashback without any problems.

Problems: Sound distortion.

Screen flickering (only with IGPU screen flickering) No screen flickering when using GPU.

Locking in the bios menu (There is no locking with the Default settings. It only happens when you enter the bios after changing a setting and saving it)

Also at the moment the motherboard RGB lights are not working. But it works when I change the RGB settings in the bios. When I save the settings and start the system, the system still does not work correctly.

The system gets itself into a reboot loop.

PSU: 750w GPU: 3060Ti Storage: 1TB nvme, 250GB sata ssd, 2TB HDD

All parts work fine with B450 motherboard and ryzen 5 3600

Edit: You can see the problems in the video. It crashes on the bios screen. Even the bios clock stops. But it continues to display. My guess is the bios chip is not working correctly. Because when I make any settings and save, the problems start. I bought these pieces on my trip to America. And I won't be traveling for a long time. So I have to solve this problem myself. I would be glad if you help me. I don't have an option like RMA or refund.

Edit2: I thought the PSU might be insufficient and I tested the System without the GPU. All the problems have happened again. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the PSU.

Edit3: Currently the system is running with default bios settings. I use it for gaming and work. If there is a CPU or RAM problem, I think the system will not work with default bios settings.

Edit4: I made a few adjustments with RYZEN MASTER. Then RYZEN MASTER rebooted the system. I had the same problems again. System went back to normal with cmos clear.

In the last 3 4 years, I builed and used 2 different xeon systems I builed and used 2 different Am4 systems I builed 2-3 differences Am4 system for my friends

I've never had a problem like this with any of them.

I builded Asrock and Am5 for the first time. Logically, the default bios works. If I flash any bios updates it still works. But I can't do any customization.

I installed bios version 1.03. The problems still persist. I don't understand why this is happening. Anybody having the same problem?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/zyumau/asrock_b650e_steel_legend_wifi_problems/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=3&utm_content=share_button

I uploaded a video about the problem on reddit. I would be glad if you help. happy new years
Cem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 5:24pm
UPDATE:

Yesterday I did the latest bios update again. For example, after activating securu boot, I got the same errors. After making cmos clear, the system booted without any problems with secure boot active. I activated expo on Ryzen master. And eco mode works with ryzen master and also manual overclocking can be done. Only DDR-6000 option is active in Bios settings. These adjustments made via Windows work smoothly. But the bios still won't let me set anything. I'm pretty sure the motherboard is the problem now. It's not something that can be fixed with an update. There is a hardware problem. Warning to friends who are considering buying an Asrock motherboard: Please make a few settings in the bios first. Fan, Expo, Secure boot, etc. If the system does not work properly after any adjustment, return it immediately.
DblM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DblM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:48pm
I have exactly the same problem as the author of the topic. I would like to know the opinion of the developers
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X - 118%
GPU: AMD RX 6800-XT - 176.3%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 343.5%
RAM: Adata AX5U5200C3816G-B 2x16GB - 164.8%
MBD: Asrock B650E Steel Legend WiFi
lukinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:35pm
Me too but on ASROCK B650M Pro RS

My config:
ASROCK B650M Pro RS
AMD Ryzen 5 7600x
Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB 5200MT/s DDR5 AMD EXPO
Lexar NM790
AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

I would like to know if it's a motherboard problem so I'll make the rma.

Please help us.
lukinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 4:59am
I solved the problem!

In my case the problem was the incorrect setting of the FCLK frequency of the ram.

I reset the CMOS and using the ZenTimings software I saved the screen with the ram data.

I restarted my PC, entered the bios and saved (without changing anything).
When I restarted I relaunched ZenTimings and then compared the data after saving (the system was in fact unstable).

The value of FCLK went from 1800 to 2000 and this was what was causing the problem.

At this point I went back to the bios under OC Tweaker and set the Infinity Fabric Frequency to 1800.

Hope you can fix it [:)]
DblM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DblM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 7:20am
Thank you, changing FCLK to 1800 helped... It's strange that the BIOS is so easy to hack. EXPO profile turned out to be crooked
DblM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DblM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 9:10pm
Having understood the reason, I acted differently. Increased SOC voltage to 1.28, and Infiniti Fabric - to 2100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic