ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock B650M PG Riptide first boot, big trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B650M PG Riptide first boot, big trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B650M PG Riptide first boot, big trouble
    Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:14am
Hi guys,

been building a new system with Ryzen 5 7600x, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVME 1TB SSD, and 2x16 GB DDR5 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5 (Gskill Flare) in the A2 and B2 slots.

Intending to install GPU and HDD's later on after I got it running, but to my disappointment, the PC will not boot.

Everything connected to PSU (650w), the fans starts spinning and RGB lights turn on but that's about it. The motherboard leds of the post status checker (PSC) first give two red lights for the DRAM and CPU, then they turn off and the other two leds turn red: the boot and VGA (see photo).

Double checked the connections, cant find anything. Monitor wont get any signal after few minutes, so decided to disconnect everything again.

What could be the problem here?

https://i.imgur.com/WDesQ6J.jpg

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:43am
You don't have a GPU installed

The 7600x doesn't have an iGPU so you can't use the onboard display outputs. The
fact that the RAM and CPU lights go off is a great sign, it means all you need is
the GPU, the RAM and CPU are both functioning.
GreenTea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:13am
You are right about the RAM and CPU lights, I got it working by installing an GPU in the PICe slot! No debug lights are on anymore.

However, the specs of the 7600x tells me it does have an iGPU, why this has not activated I do not understand.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 11:39pm
It's a fairly common bug with the 7000 series being new. AM5 is still a very new
platform, hopefully AMD sort out their AGESA faster than they did with AM4. I
wouldn't worry about it though, it will get fixed.

Sorry, I had totally forgotten the 7000 series have iGPUs on pretty much all models.
That was never the case with previous Ryzen generations unless they had a G suffix.
Stas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 7:05pm
My computer also did not start until I updated the BIOS to version 1.11. I did this using a special usb port on the rear panel. I don't use an external video card.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic