ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need help choosing memory Rams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonii_v1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help choosing memory Rams
    Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:09am
Guys a has a AsRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4. Ryzen 5 5600, and a 6650xt. And i has a struggle with memory speed because the standard is 3200mhz but i dont know if a buy 3600mhz and activate the xmp it will give me boot problems. I never OC things before. Btw my old rams was tridentz 3600 but never turn on xmp or oc, i think i ever run on 3200?
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 11:53pm
To start, I'm the wrong person to be answering you because I'm crazy (see below).
That motherboard + CPU combo (R5-5600, NOT 5500/5600G) will support ECC memory, so if I were you (but you're not me), I'd use ECC memory (unbuffered only!), like these:

https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/server-premier/ddr4-3200mts-ecc-unbuffered-dimm

They have horrendously long latency (according to gamers anyway) because they're basically standard JEDEC modules, so CL22.

Any two sticks will run at 3200MT/s. Four 1R sticks will run at 2933MT/s, and four 2R sticks will run at 2667MT/s. I recommend two 2R sticks for best performance. I actually have an AsRock B550 PG-ITX setup with the same CPU (R5-5600) and two sticks of KSM32ED8/16HD running at stock speeds (3200MT/s).

But again, I'm the wrong person to answer your question because almost nobody uses ECC memory.
tonii_v1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonii_v1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:40am
Thats sound very nice, thank you very much for that info my man is very useful for me. Let me search some rams on that kingston web and decide! I'm really appreciated ??
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:09am
I'm shocked I might be able to convince one more person in the world to consider ECC memory! Here are some more tips.

https://www.crucial.com/catalog/memory/micron-did-agnostic
(Filter for "ECC UDIMM" and "VLP ECC UDIMM"). VLP=VeryLowProfile.
Remember, only UDIMM (Unbuffered DIMMs) will work.

I've had good luck finding these for reasonable prices at big-business retailers like CDW. I've also had good luck with ShopBLT for other things, but I never ordered memory from them. There are likely other options out there.

I know there are Samsung EUDIMMs out there, and specialty companies like Nemix, but I've stuck to Micron & Kingston for years now, because you'll know exactly what you're getting (i.e. who manufactured the DRAM chips).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic