ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CSM module cannot be disabled.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AsRock_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRock_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The CSM module cannot be disabled.
    Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:48am
PS. Previously, with version P4.20, Secure Boot could also be activated with the CSM active. How is it possible? What do I have to do? Thanks :))
AsRock_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRock_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:46am
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the AsRock forums, but I want to tell you my problem. My motherboard is an AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4. The day before yesterday, I decide to install Windows 11. Leaving the UEFI BIOS version at P4.20; and actually with the P4.20 version I could activate the Secure Boot. Unfortunately though, after installing Windows 11, I notice that my computer detects only 16GB of RAM (I have 32, two banks of XPG RAM of 16GB each). So I decide to update the BIOS. So I update the UEFI BIOS to version P5.10, not the latest since 5.10 is the version which makes the UEFI BIOS compatible with Windows 11. After updating the UEFI BIOS, I notice that Secure Boot is disabled. And when I go to enable it I'm surprised by a warning: "Disable the CSM in Setup. Repeat operation after reboot to ensure UEFI Video (GOP) driver Is operational. So I go to disable the CSM and get another warning: Display Device does not support UEFI Graphics Output Protocol (GOP). What should I do? How should I do? Please help me, I'm not buying a new video card.

Thank you all and sorry for the long post but at least I think I told you everything...Thank you all and sorry for the long post but at least I think I told you everything... :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic