ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock h670 PG Riptide  crashes after hibernation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock h670 PG Riptide crashes after hibernation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock h670 PG Riptide crashes after hibernation
    Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 3:50pm
Hello,

first of, I want to thank you for your potential help! :)

My Setup:
ASRock h670 PG Riptide Mainboard (Bios version: 10.02)
i7 12700 (non K)
32gb ram
inno 3d rtx 4080
Straight Power 11 850 Watts Platinum
dualboot (win 10 & archlinux) on nvme drives

My Problem:
I recently upgraded my Bios version to the newest one (11.05). The description of this new BIOS version is: "Update Intel microcode."
Since I did so, my PC is no longer able to wake up from hybernation. If I let my PC go to hybernation and then try to wake it up, it instantly crashes.
This happens on both, windows and arch. I checked the logs (using journalctl) for problems after wacking up the PC but the OS is not able to log anything after hibernating. It seems like the PC crashes before the OS is active. The only thing I can see is the next boot process.

What I already tries to solve the issue:
I already downgraded my Bios version back to the previous version (therefore I am back at 10.02) and jumped the clear CMOS pins several times to reset all settings for sure.
Furthermore I removed my gpu und all but one ram stick.
I made sure that there are no visible scratches on the Mainboard itself.

I really don't know what could be wrong. My guess is that there is a hardware issue but I cant find it. The only thing that I did was to update my BIOS (which in turn updated the intel microcode). Therefore I hope you can give me a hint on how to fix this.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you have a better day than me
phildree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 12:27am
Hello again,

in the meantime I ruled out the Power Supply as a potential cause for the issue, by swapping it with another one I had lying around.
I still had the exact same problematic behaviour, therefore I don't think that my power supply is broken.

cheers
phildree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 12:54am
Next update:
I now also replaced the cmos battery but it still happens :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic