ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x670e Taichi can't run stable with ACPI C-States
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e Taichi can't run stable with ACPI C-States

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:43pm
Can you provide windows logs after your board has crashed ?

I have a x670 Taichi and its been rock solid...
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:50am
Sorry mean memory slots B2 and A2
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:43am
Hello, I have a X670E Taichi with a 7950X. Since I got it, I noticed all sorts of instability, even when running with no OC (reset CMOS). At first I thought is was RAM issue, but now I don't think so. Initially I had 2x16GB Trident neo Z5 6000 RAM. I tried each stick separately in both slot B2 and B1 and still have the same stability issues (crashes in windows, segfaults in linux). Then I bought a second kit of the same type and tried with those, same issue. I am currently on BIOS 1.11.CB08 after downgrading from the now removed 1.14. I have tried every 1.11.XX version though and see the same issue.

The only way I can get my system stable is to go into BIOS and disable any and all settings related to ACPI C-States. There are several places to go, to disable definition of C-States, then I also disable Global C-State Control. With these settings I seem completely stable, however I should not have to resort to this...

Just wondering what else I should try/test/suspect in my setup...

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic