ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x670e Taichi can't run stable with ACPI C-States
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e Taichi can't run stable with ACPI C-States

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x670e Taichi can't run stable with ACPI C-States
    Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:43am
Hello, I have a X670E Taichi with a 7950X. Since I got it, I noticed all sorts of instability, even when running with no OC (reset CMOS). At first I thought is was RAM issue, but now I don't think so. Initially I had 2x16GB Trident neo Z5 6000 RAM. I tried each stick separately in both slot B2 and B1 and still have the same stability issues (crashes in windows, segfaults in linux). Then I bought a second kit of the same type and tried with those, same issue. I am currently on BIOS 1.11.CB08 after downgrading from the now removed 1.14. I have tried every 1.11.XX version though and see the same issue.

The only way I can get my system stable is to go into BIOS and disable any and all settings related to ACPI C-States. There are several places to go, to disable definition of C-States, then I also disable Global C-State Control. With these settings I seem completely stable, however I should not have to resort to this...

Just wondering what else I should try/test/suspect in my setup...

Thanks.
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:50am
Sorry mean memory slots B2 and A2
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:43pm
Can you provide windows logs after your board has crashed ?

I have a x670 Taichi and its been rock solid...
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:10pm
Which logs and how do I get them? I have seen many BSODs, most seem to do with memory access violations. In linux I see segfaults and kernel memory access violation. Right now I have to reinstall windows because it appears to be corrupted after testing and the start menu no longer appe. I will do that and see what logs I can get.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:55pm
Hi there...

In Windows Right Click start menu and select event viewer the select Administrative events look for errors and warnings post back here....

You wouldnt be by chance running the integrated Gpu and another graphics card ie rtx3090 i had no end of bother till i disabled the processor gpu...

Regards
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:21pm
Thanks, no I have a 7900 XT.
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:40am
Now I don't know what is going on, I can't even make it through the Windows 11 setup process, it randomly reboots. It installed successfully, but when asking for my info it just reboots. This is in my "stable" config with c-states disabled... so maybe not so stable after all. I do have all 4 sticks of ram in. I may try with just one, then maybe reseat my CPU I guess... not sure what else to try.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:50am
this tells me that its not c-states that is the issue there is something else going on...

Try disabling the igpu and any other controllers you might not need in bios try with only 1 ram stick inserted....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 12:51am
as an after thought,4 sticks of ram is very hard on the memory controller....
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 3:59am
Just reinstalled windows with a single stick of RAM in B2 slot and removed my GFX card and just using the integrated for now and everything seemed fine, but then after installing updates and rebooting I got a BSOD with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Then after it restarted I thought I should install amd adrenalin driver in case its a driver issue, but I got an "Oops! Something went wrong" during the install.. so no I don't think it is stable even with one stick ram.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic