ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 PG Velocita

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trancie27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 PG Velocita
    Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:38pm
I really have no idea where to turn to at this point. But for the live of me, i CANNOT get this board to handle reboots. Shut down, perfect no issue there. But if you tell windows to reboot it, the system goes through its normal process until it gets to the point that it needs to power cycle itself, and it just.... sits there, contemplating life or what ever it's doing. It requires me to forcefully power it off, and back on again. I really have no idea what to do at this point, all drivers are installed, all updates done, even used the chipset driver from AMD. Bios is updated too. Any and all help will be greatly appriciated. I've only had this board in my possession for 24 hours.

Windows 11 (don't shoot me)
Bios: P2.40
CPU: 3800X
Memory: Corsair Vengence 3600 16GBX4
GPU: MSI RTX2080
NVME1: WD Black gen4 1tb
NVME2: WD Blue gen3 1tb
PSU: Corsair 850 watt
AIO: Enermax 360mm
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 7:57pm
As You describe the issue, it sounds more like a PSU problem, or like an issue caused by fast boot (BIOS) or fast startup (Windows)
In BIOS, >> Boot disable Fast Startup, and disable CSM
Windows MUST be installed in GPT (UEFI) Mode
Try the following.
Start the system, and immediately go into UEFI, with f2 or Del
When in BIOS, press the f9 button to load default settings, and save with F10
Again after restart, go into UEFI, and press the start button to shutdown the syste,.
If this goes well, Your issue is Windows or driver related, not hardware related.
If not try with another PSU, preferablty a true manufacturer like Seasonic (as far as I know, Corsair, doesn't produce PSU's themselves, they sell OEM with their branding) and go for a 1000W.
Also try with only one M.2 with the OS, and remove all other SATA, M.2 or USB cardreaders, this elliminates a lot of possible causes.
And then use the su[pport form, to get in direct contact with technical support
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
When using Gmail, always check your spam folder for replies
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic