ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 steel legend boot issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrosMannetjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 steel legend boot issues
    Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 3:26am
Hi
I recently purchased a B450 Steel Legend and the PC will only boot when I remove the CMOS battery to reset the bios evry single time. Even when I power it off without the CMOS battery I can't power it back on unless I remove the power cord, wait a minute and then it works.

Any advice will be appreciated. Will replacing the CMOS battery possibly solve the issue?
davi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:26am
I've had the same issue with a B450M Pro4.
davi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:27am
I thought the CMOS was shot because it kept taking a long time to power on after a prolonged shutdown (usually when I go to sleep) and it always woke up with the clock being wrong, but no. There's definitely something else going on. Sometimes it'll take like half an hour for my PC to boot (as in, power on) after I shut it down for the night.
mio44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mio44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:30pm
Besides the problems, B450 Steel Legend is the best motherboard I used.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:30pm
It's worth trying a fresh CMOS battery, they are cheap and easy to get for the most
part and certainly could be causing issues.

Have you tried simply disconnecting the power cord, pressing and holding the power
button for 5 seconds and letting it sit for a few minutes before trying again, keeping
the CMOS battery installed? If that works the same as removing the battery then
the issue may lie elsewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic