ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

6650XT Challenger D 8GB OC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vasilechek77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6650XT Challenger D 8GB OC
    Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:26am
Good afternoon, I bought this new video card, in some games and tests, the hotspot goes for 35-45 degrees more than the usual temperature, that is, the usual, for example, 60 degrees - and the hotspot can go up to 95-99 degrees, what could be the reason???
I put a new thermal paste on the mx 4 chip. (nothing has changed)
stock frequencies 2669\1200
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 8:30pm
Hotspot temperatures can go up that high, it should not be a problem (110 degrees is the max)
But try to test it with an open chassis, and pointing a table fan at the inside of the case, to get additional airflow, if the problem is fixed, it is really an airflow problem.
Every chassis I know, doesn't have proper airflow over the PCIE slots, and it often helps, by mounting the PSU upside down with the fan on the inside, instead of the bottom, this creates airflow over the PCIE slots, getting rid of the heat from chipset and graphics card.
Also when using an AIO liquid cooling, keep in mind that the VRM's can also get 85 degrees, and for every board actually a good Topflow Aircooler, like a Noctua NH-12 or 12S are perfect because the radiator and fan hang partially over the VRM's, giving them proper airflow
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic