ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 7.3 BIOS on X370 NVMe problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 7.3 BIOS on X370 NVMe problem
    Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 7:46pm
Hi,

I recently updated the Bios to 7.3 in order to upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5600X.
I Did not have any problem in the first weeks, but since February 2nd the POST took more than 20 seconds to complete, and Windows more than a minute (in a SSD).

The Dr Debug showed that the Motherboard got stuck in "A0", so I disconnected the SATA disks, and, as the same issue was still happening, I tried taking out the M2.
As soon as I took out the M2_2, the problem got solved. Then I entered the BIOS, and, to my surprise, the Storage only showed the SATAs, and I could Sanitize the SSD in M2_1, but it was shown in the list as an empty socket.

I would like to know if there's any known issue with the 7.3 related to the M2 disks.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 2:18am
so after updating bios, you had few week no issues and then it started happening on its own? simple answer, your ssd died
sirtoti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 7:37pm
Hi, thanks for your reply.

No, the SSD is recognized by the Bios. It just takes 154 secs to check the slot "A0". Also, the Bios finds the two NVMe's with the "Sanitization tool", but are not shown in the Storage display screen. So, no, the SSD are not dead.
Please, answer only if you can help.
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 1:24pm
Hi @sirtoti,

I had a half-dead optane90p once, it shows up in bios and sometimes boots, either half-way into windows and bsod or completely successful into windows then bsod. When it doesn't boot at all shows error A0 of OD I recall. Was nearly 3 years back, can't remember exactly.

For now I also think the SSD is dead, best put it in another PC and if it runs completely fine there for days and days, else it is a half dead SSD.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
sirtoti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:44pm
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, CX5.
I bought an external case for the NVMe, mounted it, and had no issues with it.
The Event Visor also shows there's an error with the PCIE. I can see the disk in the Device Manager, with a "Warning" yellow icon.
sirtoti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:47pm
Also, as I said, I have both M2 slots populated. The Ultra with a Kingston NVMe that works perfectly fine, shows in windows, but, again, the BIOS only shows it in the "Sanitize SSD" tool, not in the Storage Display. So the same happens with both SSD disks, but only one is affected.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:22am
So you had an older CPU, you updated the BIOS to 7.3, and then put the 5600X in, right?

It's a long shot, but I'd try updating the BIOS again with 5600X on board.
Something about older CPUs not being able to access the whole BIOS space.
It's a long shot, though. No guarantees.
sirtoti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 3:42am
Thanks, I will try to do so, because, as you said, I updated the BIOS to 7 and 7.3 before installing the 5600X.

Also, the Event Visor shows two errors (one critical):
First, "The device controler for TPM found in the TPM hardware (the MoBo, I guess) an irecoverable error that prevent the TPM services from being used"
Second, and the main issue, with stornvme, says "El controlador detectó un error de controladora en \Device\RaidPort2" which means "the controler found a driver error in \Device\RaidPort2". I have the configuration set in AHCI, not Raid, and I checked just now just in case I was wrong.
Also, the system takes 150 secs to win login when shut down, but if I reboot, the pc goes perfectly fine (if we exclude the fact that the SSD doesn't show in explorer, and it does in the Device Manager with a yellow alert icon).
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 4:11am
I had issues with fTPM before. In my case, I was able to resolve it by:
1. Disable TPM in BIOS.
2. Boot Windows. Make sure it's disabled.
3. Reboot into BIOS and re-enable fTPM.
4. Boot back into Windows.

If you have stuff like BitLocker enabled, you have to disable that before messing with fTPM settings. I don't know what Windows is doing, but I think this makes it go back to non-TPM mode, and then re-initializes everything related to TPM.
sirtoti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirtoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 11:53pm
Thank you for the info. I will try it out as soon as I find time to tinker with the pc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic