ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sata ports not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tglytle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sata ports not working
    Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 5:49am
New machine build using ASRock H310CM-HDV motherboard is having a problem with HD sata ports not working. DVD drive works but not hard drives. I can get it to work for our short time and in the loses connection.

There is currently no BIOS upgrades. Any ideas for help?
tglytle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tglytle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 4:19am
This is an update after much troubleshooting with Chipset IntelĀ® B365.
After the initial installation, I used my new system 3 days. Installed OS, installed apps and customized apps. While using one app, the app notified me that the file was read-only. This is when the port lost connection to the drive. After troubleshooting the drive to make sure it was good, and switching cables and ports as well as checking all the chipset settings with no joy I installed a new hard drive which did work. Did all the same installations as previous stated. I then installed the previous drive and it did work. I now have 2 hard drives operating on it. We will see how long this works.

This does not compute! Either the chipset or the motherboard has issues with recognizing hardware.

tglytle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tglytle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 6:20am
The problem reoccurred about one hour after my last post. It now appears that the sata cables that came with the motherboard are the problem. I replaced the Sata cables with another brand and the system has been running without issue for the last 5 days. It does appear that the cables that came with the motherboard cannot maintain a good connection.

This problem can be closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic