ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I power off the Restore on AC/Power loss on bios c
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I power off the Restore on AC/Power loss on bios c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamirobona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I power off the Restore on AC/Power loss on bios c
    Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 5:44pm
Good day All,

I hope anybody can help me.
I "Power Off" the Restore on AC/Power Loss on my bios setup instead of pressing power ON by mistake. After restarting my computer my it won't start anymore on my asrock H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard.

I want to restore back on my bios setup the ""Restore on AC/Power Loss"" to Power ON but my computer will not Power ON anymore.

I remove the power 24pin on the motherboard and also the 8pin power cord but same issue appear. "Not powering ON my PC anymore".

Anybody can help please.

Thank you for your response
TheDON3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDON3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 1:49am
Depending on your motherboard, does the MB itself have surface-mounted power button? If not, you can touch the power button pin-header on the MB with a screwdriver which shorts the pins and the system will power on just as if you've pressed the power button on the case.

Normally, if you've been manually turning your power supply on on and off via the switch on the power supply itself, then it sounds like your case button has not been wired correctly or to the correct pins on the motherboard. Like you've accidentally connect the power button to the reset pins, and the reset pins to the power button, etc.

The feature you're describing (Restore on AC Power) is usually there for one purpose - to auto-power on a computer after a power loss. Like the PC is on and running, the power at your house goes out for 30 mins, and when the power is restored to your home, the PC will automatically come back on. The purpose here is so the PC will auto-start after the power failure, meaning that if you're out of town for a week, and you lose power at home, the PC will come back on when the power is restored. Thus you don't have a PC that sits off for a week until someone goes there and presses the power button on the case.

Using this feature to normally turn your PC on and off is not what the feature was designed for and your description sounds like this is what you're using this feature for.
jamirobona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamirobona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:23am
Thank you @ TheDON3K for your response.
Yes my PC turn on again when i press the power button in my MB.

I really appreciate your help.
Many thanks!!!
TheDON3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDON3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 4:47pm
Very good! So it sounds like your power button on the computer case is not wired correctly.
jamirobona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamirobona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 8:47pm
@TheDON3k,
The power button itself the computer case is not working. What i did i connect the reset wire from the case to the mobo now its powering ON back. The bad thing is i dont have the reset itself :). Its doesnt matter as long as i have the power button then its okay.
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic