ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel Q9400 and an AsRock G41M-GS3 overclocking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Q9400 and an AsRock G41M-GS3 overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rovelle26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel Q9400 and an AsRock G41M-GS3 overclocking
    Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 11:02am
Hello, I got an Intel Q9400 and an AsRock G41M-GS3 here, and i want to overclock my cpu using its stock cooler. I saw some threads saying that i can get a stable 3.0 ghz using stock cooler without touch anything on the bios except the bus speed. Then i tried it out, but i didn't get that result after increasing the bus speed to 375 (from 333) then save my pc turn on but wont boot up. I hope the community helps me :)  It will help me alot :)  Thanks

Full PC Specs:
Intel Q9400 (Quad Core) @ 2.6GHz
4GB ram 1333 
ASRock G41M-GS3

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 12:43pm
Your best bet will be to look up "Yorkfield overclocking Guide" and take a browse through the results. From what I remember of the Yorkfield CPUs they were locked and only overclockable via BCLK. If you plan to increase your BCLK you have to bare in mind that doing so increases the clocks of everything on your board so you will want to lower your RAM speed as far as possible, 800mhz I think is the lowest setting on most systems for DDR3. I could go into detail here but all the information is already out there so take a look Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic