ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [B650M PG Riptide]No POST after reset on new BIOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[B650M PG Riptide]No POST after reset on new BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [B650M PG Riptide]No POST after reset on new BIOS
    Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 11:57am
Hello,

I run into a very frustrating problem with new version of BIOS on motherboard "B650M
PG Riptide". Having tried two versions, "1.14.AS15" and "1.18.AS04", both have the same symptom. The system can boot up and load Windows after power off then power on. However it won't POST after rebooting either from windows or after exiting BIOS. The configuration of BIOS is default settings(CMOS is cleared). Post Status Checker stuck forever with CPU & DRAM on but VGA & BOOT off. There is no any output from HDMI or display port. No response to keyboard or mouse.

The hardware configuration:
CPU: AMD 7600X
memory: G.Skill Flare X5 16GB DDR5-5600 PC5-44800 CL36 F5-5600J3636C16GX1-FX5. 2 pieces on bank A2 and B2
Asus PCE-AX58BT wifi/bluetooth adapter on PCIE2 slot, bluetooth is connected with internal USB_7_8 port.
Inland, sata SSD. 240G, (first boot disk)
West Digital blue, sata SSD, 512G
West Digital red plus, sata mechanic disk, 4T
Asus sata DVD-WR
Power: EVGA Supernova 750 GT

By comparison, old version "1.11" doesn't have the problem with the exact same hardware. So it's quite possible that something is wrong with the new versions of BIOS.

What I need from the new version of BIOS is the option of overclocking integrated video core of 7600x. Unfortunately it won't happen any soon. I feel I'm not the only one run into this problem. Hope Asrock engineers could locate the root cause and fix it. Any method walking around this problem is appreciated.

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:56pm
Dear johnxy,
Thank you for the posting.

For the problem of the rebooting, you can refer to the below suggestions to help verify the system.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 35.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B650M%20PG%20Riptide_English.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card, one SSD as system disk to test.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. Reinstall a clean Windows OS to verify.

For further assistance, you can contact us by below link.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 2:56am
Hi ASRock TSD,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried clearing CMOS and Windows 10 is freshly installed. Neither helps.

I need PCE-AX58BT and 2X16G DDR5 memory for daily work. Even the root cause is due to PCE-AX58BT or memory, I can't remove any one of them just for a new version of BIOS.

The key point here is everything is fine at version "1.11". but broken with "1.14.AS15" and "1.18.AS04". It must be something change in new version of BIOS causing the problem.

Possible solution I can take is either
1. change some settings in BIOS to walk around the issue
or
2. upgrade to newer fixed version of BIOS.

Asus PCE-AX58BT is based on intel AX200 chipset, which is widely used in WIFI 6 adapter. The hardware configuration is not something unusual, so I expect this impact of the issue is not rare.

I have filled "Support Request From" about this issue more than one week ago, but no response so far.

This is my first Asrock product however it drops the ball in a really unexpected way. It would be difficult to have confident on other Asrock products.

Thanks.
sohnishi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sohnishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 5:09pm
Dear johnxy,

I have the same trouble as you with "1.18.AS04" BIOS.
"1.18.AS04" ebales so good watt-performance,
but it is just beta.

1.18.AS04 seems have a memory problem.
If you remove a memory module from the slot A2,
your PC may boot normally.

My company introduced a PC cluster consists of ten PCs
(7950X, B650MPG, and Samsun DDR5-4800 32GB x 2 dimms).

With 1.11 BIOS, all the PCs worked correctly but with 1.18.AS04,
only few PC could boot normally with two dimms.

1.18.AS04 requires very-very-selected dimms.
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 2:15am
Originally posted by sohnishi sohnishi wrote:

Dear johnxy,

I have the same trouble as you with "1.18.AS04" BIOS.
"1.18.AS04" ebales so good watt-performance,
but it is just beta.

1.18.AS04 seems have a memory problem.
If you remove a memory module from the slot A2,
your PC may boot normally.

My company introduced a PC cluster consists of ten PCs
(7950X, B650MPG, and Samsun DDR5-4800 32GB x 2 dimms).

With 1.11 BIOS, all the PCs worked correctly but with 1.18.AS04,
only few PC could boot normally with two dimms.

1.18.AS04 requires very-very-selected dimms.

Hi sohnishi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I also suspect it's about memory controller. You just save me a lot of hassle of debugging this issue.

I have reported a similar issue with version 1.14.AS15 to Asrock(https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp). They took off the link of version 1.14.AS15 from website two weeks later. I will let them know the same issue with 1.18.AS04.

lsunsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsunsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:33pm
I created an account just to say I have the same motherboard and tried updating to all BIOS since 1.11.AS03 (even though they keep getting removed from the download page). The issue I get is always the same, restart stops working (reboot just hangs) and I get random crashes/freezes very consistently on linux a few minutes after boots. I always revert back to 1.11.AS043, but I wish to keep latest BIOS. Is there anything I can do?
johnxy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by lsunsi lsunsi wrote:

I created an account just to say I have the same motherboard and tried updating to all BIOS since 1.11.AS03 (even though they keep getting removed from the download page). The issue I get is always the same, restart stops working (reboot just hangs) and I get random crashes/freezes very consistently on linux a few minutes after boots. I always revert back to 1.11.AS043, but I wish to keep latest BIOS. Is there anything I can do?

Hi lsunsi,

I would suggest reporting your issue to Asrock using the link below. More ppl report the same issue, more pressure on Asrock to fix it.

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
sohnishi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sohnishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 12:31pm
I've updated to the latest 1.18 BIOS (Mar.3 2023 ver) but the problem still remains. I found another solution of down-crocking dimms by 400 MHz (DDR5-4800 to 4400MHz).

Anyway, I've send a report through https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by johnxy johnxy wrote:

I would suggest reporting your issue to Asrock using the link below. More ppl report the same issue, more pressure on Asrock to fix it.

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Exactly, this makes things easier for both us as end users and ASRock. The more
tickets they get about issues the faster they can nail down common issues across
different configurations. ASRock's support staff is only as good as the data they
have to work with.

Keep it up guys
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 3:14pm
Dear B650M PG Riptide users.
Thank you for the posting.

We tuned a BIOS for B650M PG Riptide, please download the BIOS from below link and help to check if it can enhance the system stability.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iGCUArfC4jLxKw9R-GUByhQbbK0duT3/view?usp=share_link

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic