ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock fatal1ty x99 pro gaming memory problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baginiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock fatal1ty x99 pro gaming memory problem
    Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 7:56pm
Hi everyone.
I am asking for help in solving my problem. I had 8 pieces of ram 4GB installed on my motherboard. I decided to replace them with 8 pieces of 8GB ram to have 64GB. In the bios it does not detect the parts on the right side of the processor, it detects only 32 gb. But when I enter the parts viewer in the same bios all parts are visible and detected as in the picture.https://imgur.com/a/BJrGe1g
Memories new, compatible and working.
What can I do in this case?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 10:36pm
The problem that You have is often related to the chips on the memory module.
Besides Samsung and Crucial (Micron) most manufacturers are assemblers
https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-memory/truth-about-memory-manufacturers
The article speaks for itself.
As long as Speed, capacity, and primary timing stay the same, these assemblers, keep using the same partnumber, and it can happen that they use different brand, and even size of chips, so one batch uses 512MB chips., of brand A, the next batch uses 1GB chips, from another brand.
An then you see, the memory is found in the system browser, becasue it just shows, the info stored on the SPD chips, on the memory modules, but Windows uses it in a different way, and sometiems you see that all memory is detected, but only half of it is usable.
With a freeware program like Thaipoon Burner you can view the content of the SPD chip, and can see if all modules, are produced in one and the same batch.
The memory controller, by the way, is NOTon the board, it's integrated in the CPU, and there is a direct link, between pins in the CPU socket, and contacts in the memory slots.
So it could also help, to check the CPU socket pins.
Kind Regards
Baginiak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baginiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:11pm
Hello,

I downloaded the program and checked each memory separately. Raporot about it. All reports look the same. There is no difference between them:(. It looks like they are the same ram memory unit. I have no idea what is going on with the 32 Gb of memory in the system.

Thank you for your help, but I still need to look further for a solution:/

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic