ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CPU hitting 115C (239F), A-tuning doesn't respond
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU hitting 115C (239F), A-tuning doesn't respond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU hitting 115C (239F), A-tuning doesn't respond
    Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:45pm
CPU hitting 115C (239F) and Fan-tastic tuning software not responding

Mobo: ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU: Intel Core i5 10600K
Software: ASRock A-Tuning software, version 3.0.325

I have ASRock A-Tuning software curve set for CPU FAN1 to turn fan speed to 100% (2419 RPM) for any temp above 70C. My CPU is at 115C (239F) while rendering some video, and the CPU fan only running at 800 RPM. The software is OPEN. I found a fix is I have to move one of the points of the fan cruve graph just slightly, and press Apply. THEN the fan will respond appropriately.

How can I fix this? Why is this software so bad? My CPU is hitting critically dangerous temperatures, and I get no warning from AsRock's software or Windows 10?! I will absolutely never buy "ASRock" brand again after this experience with this motherboard jfc. So frustrated right now.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 12:06am
Check the fan controls in the BIOS, fan control apps are notoriously buggy. One of
the nicer things about ASRock's BIOS setup is there is a fan control app built into
it. I am not sure how often A-Tuning gets updated but a future update will likely
fix the issue. I have noticed on my own systems that apps like these often break
with windows updates and require updates of their own to work correctly again.

Setting your fan curves in the BIOS is much more reliable and not tied to an OS.

Good luck.
Mullen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 4:23am
Thanks, I looked in the BIOS and it's just set to Standard fan mode curve. Yet my system is still overheating.

I am confused, there's something called "FAN-tastic tuning" in my BIOS, but then there is also software in Windows called "A-Tuning Fan-Tastic tuning".

Should I not be running the Windows software?
Gatt59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatt59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 5:03am
A-tuning works, at least on my system (Z690 Taichi with i9-13900F and air cooling).

In FAN-Tastic Tuning set CPU Fan 1 at: 40°=40%, 50°=50% and so on.

Click "Apply All" (wait a few seconds).

Select "Auto Apply when program starts".

Go to Settings and select "Auto run at Windows Start Up".

Periodically you have to come back in ATuning and check if it is running with the chosen parameters.

ASRock Z690 Taichi
Intel i9-13900F
Noctua NH-U12A Chromax Black
PNY RTX 4080
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic