ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock E3C226D2I with Xeon CPU without GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock E3C226D2I with Xeon CPU without GPU
    Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 9:12pm
Hello!

I use the ASRock E3C226D2I currently with an Intel i3 CPU and it works fine.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C226D2I#Specifications

For performance reasons, I'd like to upgrade the system with a Xeon CPU instead.

My system has no dedicated GPU installed. Xeon CPUs don't have integrated GPUs. Does the mainboard has some basic GPU onboard to enable basic server use? I just need console. I couldn't tell from the specs.

Can anybody give some insight?

Thanks,
airflow
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 12:12am
BMC (ASPEED) includes a GPU, because, well, that's how you're able to manage the system remotely (or locally for that matter).
airflow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 12:41am
Wonderful! Thanks for confirmation. I was hoping that's the anwer, but I wasn't sure if this spec of the mainboard is *just* for the remote management.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic