ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z77 Extreme3 / Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme3 / Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkuaUnger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme3 / Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235
    Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 5:55am
Hello,

I installed the Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235 (http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/USB/Intel_USB3_Win7-64_Win7(v1.0.5.235).zip) on Windows 7 64 bit.

After rebooting and logging back in I see the following, Open File - Security Warning Do you want to run this file? message.   I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Please see the uploaded picture below,

Below is my device manager after uninstalling Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235.  The device manager indicates an unknown device.
devMgrPic

Below, is a picture of the device manager after I reinstall the Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.5.235, but, as you can see, it continues showing the Open File - Security Warning message.

I read the Readme text file before installing but not sure how to resolve.

I would like to get to the point where I can reboot without the message (Open File - Security Warning) popping up.  And, have the device manager clean without yellow bangs.

Thank you.

Edited by gkuaUnger - 30 Apr 2016 at 9:13am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:42pm
That is just Windows warning you that you are about to run an executable file that was downloaded from the internet. It is a generic warning that can sometimes be a pain. In this instance it seems to be warning about one of the driver's background components. Usually unchecking the box "Always ask..." then hitting run should stop it occurring again but sometimes windows does not save the setting. If unchecking the box does not work then you will need to manually add the "iusb3mon.exe" file to the exception list (essentially what unchecking the box should do). Personally I always turn the security down to the lowest value and avoid all this. If you frequently get infected by viruses/spyware/malware however I would not recommend turning off/lowering security.
gkuaUnger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkuaUnger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 3:50am
Thank you very much.  That worked. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic