ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Steel Legend how to set up for low Temps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusNubios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Steel Legend how to set up for low Temps
    Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 4:21am
Hi I am new here and hope for a bit of advice on how to set up the UEFI.

What settings are recommended for cool operation without loosing too much performance? Thanks for any advice

My System: X670E Steel Legend, Ryzen 9 7900 (non x) with wraith prism cooler, 5200 MHZ Corsair Vengeance 32 GB, Nvidia 4070 TI

From the get go with auto settings in Bios I got around 55-60 °C idle temps (showing in h/w monitor in the bios itself, so windows background processes should not be the culprit) And I tried different settings, but none of them seem to lower the idle temps much.

Bios Settings right now: performance preset auto, dram freq 5200 mh and xmp profile loaded, DRAM Voltage and VDDIO Voltage are set to 1.250 (xmp Profile?), SoC/Uncore OC is 1.100; PBO Settings: Adcanced with Limits to Auto, Boost Clock Override disabled, Thermal Throttle 75 °C, Curve Optimizer -11

Cinebench R23 Multi Score: 24800 with cpu fan rpm of 1350 (pretty silent).
But Gaming temps feel too high. They cpu goes right to 75°C limit - maybe because PBO is on Auto?

MaximusNubios View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusNubios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 4:24am
Just to add: I even uninstalled the cooler and reapplied Arctic MX 4 Paste. But it did not make any difference.
Skybuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 8:42am
PBO does overclock the processor. I would recommend turning it off for now, until new bioses arrive, also to prevent blow up of the processor.
AndreX86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndreX86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 3:12pm
The 7900X is designed to run at 95C 24/7. It running at a max of 75c when you're gaming is fine. But you can more than likely decrease your temps by getting a better cooler, like the peerless assissin or someting similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpB8iwYZcg - this is a review of the peerless assissin vs your cooler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic