ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black screen after BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black screen after BIOS update
    Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:37am
Hey Everyone!

Just got myself a Ryzen 5600X along my new gpu. Once the cpu was installed, I've dound myself presented with a black screen, no signal. Surely after some searching I've realized that the BIOS not being updated to handle the new cpu must be the issue, so doenloading the update began.

I'm not really sure which version I got, tried looking for it in the BIOS after putting back my old cpu but didn't find anything, I must be blind tbh. Started doenloading the latest, but then noticed that it won't install unless I have the previous required, so I've started getting to the very bottom and start with 3.40 to get done with all of them.

(I have a pc from 2016, so thought it couldn't be running anything newer then something from 2017)

It installed just fine, pc rebooted, but now I'm here with this ominous black sreen once again. Tried all the CMOS resetting techniques I could find, but nothing seems to help the case. Also blowing with compressed air every now and then to make sure nothing's dusty.

Really sorry for making this so long, thanks for reading through it! c:

At this point I'm totally clueless what to do, afraid I could messed up the motherboard somehow. Thinking about getting a new battery to see if that might've caused this.

Should I get it to a technician at this point?
chipita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:39am
Oh yeah and of course I forgot the mobo xddd

A320M-HDV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic