ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z590 Steel Legend Possible Bios issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s3ruX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z590 Steel Legend Possible Bios issue
    Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:02pm
Board = https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z590%20Steel%20Legend/index.pt.asp
Bios = P.20

Hello recently i bought this board on amazon and it's been working ok with a 10600KF 48 all core 47 ring 1.275~1.240 load but things get really weird if i try to pass 49 core ratio and i think is BIOS bug let me try to explain and sorry for the bad english.

If i set anything higher then 48 core ratio (default for 10600k) the board overshot the voltages really high 1.38+ and if i use negative offset or fixed voltage to bring the voltage down it only works on bios and by working in bios actually/report lower voltages but after i boot on windows 10/11 the voltage get back to high range 1.38+ the power consumption and heat tells me it really is 1.38+ and not miss reading on sensors.

So here it comes another strange behavior the bios have option to edit the V/F offset voltage table who works really well at stock core ratio but if a set 49 ratio and leave everything on auto the bios shows the V/F offset 8 at 49 core ratio and windows actually report the processor at 4900mhz cpu-z benchmark actually have higher score then 48 but the voltage is really high 1.38+ and if i set anything on V/F offset voltage like -80 the voltage get back to 1.2x the V/F stop report the 49 core ratio and get back to 48 Bios actually shows the processor at 4900 the V/F table show 4800 and windows actually see the processor at 4800 ¯\_(??_/¯

In resume the only effective way to set voltage is by using V/F table but if i do the bios stop to register anything higher then stock core ratio 48... so the only way to overclock pass default 48 core ratio is but leaving every voltage options on auto and let the board cook the processor with high voltage!?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:39pm
Best use the support form and check the spam folder for replies
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
When Youi have a FAT formatetd USB stick you can make bmp screenshots, with f12, and attach them as JPG files.
Use the latest UEFI version, and start with default, and only highlight, the changes that you make.
Kind Regards
s3ruX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s3ruX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:04pm
Maybe was a defected motherboard after all. I just return the board to amazon and vendor send me another one and now everything is working just fine all voltages applied works no more weird voltage spikes everything is smooth.

Admin can close the thread
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic