ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320m

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innosault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320m
    Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:18am
Hello everyone,

First time here looking for some help.
I have a a320m motherboard with a ryzen 3 1200. I bought a new ryzen 7 3700x to upgrade. I?™m aware I need to update the BIOS before installing the new cpu. I went on the asrock website for some information and followed steps promptly. My issue came up when updating to bios 5.3 from 3.2. (I had an older version than 3.2 so I had to update the BIOS to 3.2 to get to 5.3 like it said and it went smooth) It?™s not reading the 5.3 file when I try installing it in the bios. I didn?™t have this issue when I updated it from 3.1 to 3.2. I installed the amd driver prior to installing the new bios. I?™m not sure what else to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:03pm
Umm, which motherboard? I found all these on AsRock site:
A320M Pro4-F, A320M/ac, A320M-DVS R4.0, A320M-HDVP, A320M-HDV R4.0, A320M-HD R4.0, and A320M-HD

I looked through all of them, including different revisions when present, and saw no mention of any BIOS version 5.3.
innosault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innosault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:07pm
It?™s just an a320m, that?™s it
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm
innosault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innosault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
Yes that one.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:24pm
Aside from the usual "make sure you unzip it if it's an archive" I can't really
think what could be the issue. It may be worth trying to put some of the earlier
updates on the same flash drive, it could require one of them before going to
5.30. I know it looks like you should be able to go from 3.2 to 5.30 directly but
you never know.

I will say however that I wouldn't use a 3700x on an A320 board, while technically
it will work, it is an ultra budget board with very weak VRMs. In all likelihood
you will be throttled most of the time and running hot on the VRMs. The A320
chipset and boards designed for it were really meant to be used with low spec
Athlon and at most Ryzen 3 parts for budget office/home systems. Don't get me
wrong, for the money they are great boards but not ideal for higher power CPUs.

But that isn't the issue here, just a bit of advice. I have used a few A320 boards
with Ryzen 5s and found they tend to run uncomfortably hot (the VRMs not the CPU).

If you still can't update after including earlier updates on your flash drive I
would open a ticket with ASRock support, there could be an error on the site.

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Good luck
Dodgydruid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodgydruid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 2:17am
I think you have to go 3.4 before 5.50, I have been battling my own A320M-HDV R4 all day and STILL am on its original ship BIOS as motherboard refuses to load images says "image not detected" in both F2 UEFI and F6 flash scenarios.

I even bought a brand new USB stick because it would not accept my other good sticks and getting pretty fed up all round with this pile of doings :(   I have never ever since I started flashing BIOS's back in the day covering several decades of PC use and engineering been faced with such a circular chasing tail situation :( :( :(

Always bought Asrock, my last build was a tidy Extreme4, Extreme3 before that and I flashed them BIOS's no problemo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic