ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thermal pad thicknesses of 6900XT OC Formula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midniteoyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermal pad thicknesses of 6900XT OC Formula
    Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:41am
Anyone know the proper thermal pad thicknesses for this card? Card was running hot so ended up pulling the heatsink to repaste. Pads tore and need to confirm the size before ordering and messing around. Thanks..
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:57pm
I think it's best to use the tech support form, and check your spam folder for replies
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Kind Regards
Midniteoyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midniteoyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 12:24am
But, this is in Tech Support?

Anyways, got it figured out..
M+L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M+L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 9:50pm
Let me know if you find this. I'm about to repaste and repad and would like to make sure I have the right sizes.

jramos19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jramos19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 8:20am
Hey Im in the same boat, What thermal pads did you end up using ? mine tore a little bit , i brought down the temps after repasting but i wanna be sure my pads are good so i want to replace
Midniteoyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midniteoyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:38am
I used Thermalright's 12.8 W/mK Thermal Pads from Amazon. 1.5mm and 2mm. The first two strips next to the bracket are the 1.5mm, the rest are the 2mm. Start all the screws, tighten down the heatsink screws in a crisscross first, tighten down the GPU bracket screws last.
M+L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M+L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 10:01pm
Hey man. I used putty. PP TG10. Im really happy with the results. This particular type of putty isn't in production but I found some on eBay. Also, slather the chip in thermal paste. ASRock missed a corner of the chip on mine so the repaste/ re putty did help.
jramos19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jramos19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 8:24am
Thanks for the replies guys, my card keeps shutting my whole pc off , i repasted it and the temps dropped but i got a shutdown today so i will probably need to change out the pads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic