ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taichi dropping SATA/USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote postalgbv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Taichi dropping SATA/USB
    Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 11:17pm
After 4+ years of no issues, my X470 Taichi is suddenly dropping SATA connectivity and certain USB connectivity.

My OS is the M2 stick and it always works, so I can always boot up no problem.

However, about 80% of the time I boot up, my additional SATA drives (a samsung SSD and a WD typical HD) do not show up in explorer or in disk management (so I only show C:). When this happens, one leg of the USB controllers also does not show up. Sometimes I can do a reboot and they all show up perfectly.

When they aren't showing up, I get one of the two 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' in the device manager with error - "This device cannot start. (Code 10) An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred, as well as the "AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller -1.10" with a Code 10 - 'Invalid parameter was passed to a service or function"

Again, when one is out, the other is out. No other issues seem to be happening (CPU, memory, gfx, etc).

I updated the firmware to 1.60 (11/09/2018) after the issue started happening, but it didn't help.

Thanks for any ideas!

threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 10:52pm
It is simple to find out if this is hardware related, by creating a bootable USB stick (rufus) with Ubuntu Linux, go with f11 in the bootmenu, and boot from the USB stick, and run Ubuntu from the USB stick.
Another probable cause is the use of wireless keybaord and mouse, the USB dongles, use the same frequency as USB3 uses to communicate, and can cripple all USB communication.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic