ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x370 Taichi Chipset LEDs Stuck/Frozen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x370 Taichi Chipset LEDs Stuck/Frozen
    Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 9:18am
Hi all,

I downloaded AsrockRGB software via Asrock appshop software few days ago. Ran the RGB software which turned on (I had previously kept the chipset LEDs turned off in the BIOS) LEDs in chipset area of the mobo in bright bluish-white light automatically without doing anything in the RGB software. And since than I am unable to turn them off. The RGB software doesn't work. I tried BIOS like I did before, it doesn't take effect. I tried clearing CMOS and than tried turning it off from BIOS, it doesn't take effect. I tried switching between different color modes of LEDs, it doesn't take effect. Its just stuck on that bright bluish-white light whenever I turn my system on which is very annoying and distracting.

I also contacted Asrock via technical support and got an automated confirmation email that asrock has received my mail and they will contact me. Not sure what's the turn around time but it has been 3 days and no response from Askrock as of typing this message.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

System Specs:
Mobo: X370 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: Coasair 16GB lpx cl16 3200mhz
BIOS: P7.30
Faisal_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 9:19am
Anyone?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 4:20pm
ASRock's HQ (in Taiwan) just came off a long public holiday so it's likely they
have a bit of a backlog to sort through.

In the mean time you can try pulling the CMOS battery and disconnecting the system
from power. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds then leave the system
like this for 20 - 30 mins and put the battery back in. See if that clears the
issue.
Faisal_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

ASRock's HQ (in Taiwan) just came off a long public holiday so it's likely they
have a bit of a backlog to sort through.

In the mean time you can try pulling the CMOS battery and disconnecting the system
from power. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds then leave the system
like this for 20 - 30 mins and put the battery back in. See if that clears the
issue.

Thank you for replaying Xaltar.

I have tried that and left my PC off for like and hour, twice, after powering off the PC, discharging the PSU by holding the power button for 10 secs, than taking out the battery cell, than shorting the clear cmos pins on the mobo and once with holding the clear cmos button located at mobo I/O panel for 10 secs. It didn't work.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 2:59pm
It sounds like you may need to flash the RGB firmware. ASRock's Tech Support
team should be able to help with that. If they have not gotten back to you by
Tuesday next week, try opening a new ticket. There are instructions to flash the
firmware here on the forums somewhere too if memory serves.

Good luck.
Faisal_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

It sounds like you may need to flash the RGB firmware. ASRock's Tech Support
team should be able to help with that. If they have not gotten back to you by
Tuesday next week, try opening a new ticket. There are instructions to flash the
firmware here on the forums somewhere too if memory serves.

Good luck.

Yes, I think so too that an RGB flash is required cause that seems to be the solution somebody else got for exactly the same problem 5 years ago (LTT forums).
I tried searching here with "rgb flash" here in the forums but no luck. I guess next week will be fruitful (Hopefully).

Thank you for replaying :)
Faisal_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Update:
@Xalter
Finally got an email response from ASRock TSD today as you said and the issue has now been resolved with a simple solution which is as follows since it might be useful for the same problem should somebody else faces it.

Copying it as it was received from ASRock TSD;

======================
1.Completely uninstall RGB control utility, all remaining files need to be removed and reinstall the latest ASRock RGB LED.

Download link: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/RGBLED(v1.0.43).zip

2.Rewrite RGB firmware, you can follow the steps below.

Rewrite RGB firmware setup.

Step1. Run CMD as administrator

Step2. Input "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin"

Step3. Make sure ASRock RGB LED is closed.

Step4. Input "wICPFLASH.exe /file=nu51_1.10"
============================================

Uninstall previous version of ASRock RGB LED, install the latest version of the latest ASRock RGB LED from the above link but do not run it. Follow the RGB firmware setup steps. Shouldn't take more than a minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic