ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi - flash, no post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi - flash, no post
    Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 5:21pm
So I brought my PC to work for cleaning it out and updating BIOS while I was at it. I used UEFI to flash the 2.30 bridge and after it rebooted, no post. I tried using flashback with as low as 1.30, which was my starting point, but it flashes then goes to solid green. Anything else to do or do I have to find and order a new MB?
SerchTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SerchTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 7:43pm
If you think it's worth keeping your X399 Taichi and avoiding buying a new motherboard (ASRock or other brand):

1st - CPU model?
2nd - Was your PC working fine before physically brought in?
3rd - Did you disassemble all the parts before clean the PC? (CPU, GPU, PSU, DDR4, cables ... etc) Did you reassemble correctly after cleaning?

If you consider that researching this problem is a waste of time and you prefer to buy a new motherboard (ASRock or another brand):

So I wish you good luck with your choice
X399 Taichi (4.03)
Threadripper 2950X
DDR4 2 x HX432C16FB3K2/32
smallbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 8:15pm
I most definitely don't think it's a waste of time. Still a good workhorse.
CPU Ryzen 9 1950X
Was working fine.
I did not disassemble before cleaning. Flashing was done after cleaning so it worked fine afterwards.
I've been working with PC repair so flashing BIOS is nothing new but first time I've ran into this issue and also flashback giving error.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 8:47pm
Pull all but one stick of RAM and leave the system powered for 20mins or so.
I had a similar issue with my X399 Phantom Gaming 6 when I first built my system.
I am not sure if the flashback is meant to stay lit after completion or not but
on the off chance it was successful it could take anywhere up to 10 mins for the
first post.

If that doesn't work, contact ASRock via support ticket:
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Good luck.
smallbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 9:28pm
Thanks. I'm on it. Pulled all RAM. Doing Flashback. Leaving it for ~20min. Then starting and let it stay on for ~20min.
smallbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smallbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 10:18pm
It's alive! Everything back into place but for some reason it doesn't detect RAM in B1+2 with 8 RAM config, 4 was fine. I'm running 128GB so got full house. But it's still 96GB and I don't really utilize it these days anymore and retiring this PC very soon.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:49pm
May need to reseat the CPU. It's a fairly common issue with these large socket
boards. Glad to hear you got it up and running again. The 1950x is still more than
up to any task you can throw at it.
smallbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 12:55am
Well, it's up and running but it keeps crashing like crazy now. I've NEVER had any issues before flashing BIOS and now I get bluescreens, kept completely freezing on 1 particular game update so had to uninstall and install from scratch instead. Only running 32GB RAM now. But I'll run Memtest with all 8 sticks tomorrow and maybe reseat CPU. Bit of a hassle on the 1950x but anything that helps. Should have just stuck on 1.30 feels like.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 1:07pm
Update your AMD all in one package. That often resolves a lot after a BIOS update.
Oddly, sometimes after a windows update too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic