ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios V 7.04 Z790 Steel Legend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiVda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios V 7.04 Z790 Steel Legend
    Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 10:23pm
Bios V7.04 Asrock on the Z790 Steel Legend (then I don't know about the others).
Oh and if anyone has the solution to any of the following, I'm all ears.

It is not possible to write in the TVB table, so forget OCTVB.

You cannot set the maximum achievable frequency of individual cores when using the By Core Usage function. You can only set the OC of individual cores or the by core usage, but in case you have 1 lame core that you want to limit to say 55X you can't if you set the by usage to 60X2 59x4 58x6 57X8, in case a situation happens where only two threads are occupied the boost to 60 might catch it too, and there is nothing you can do.

Often when you set values in the bios, it's like everything gets stuck and they are not used, you have to reload the default and then put all the values back.

The BCLK is not at 100 MHZ but at 99.74 to get it at 100 you have to set it to 100.24 which leads to all kinds of crap.

The V/F table doesn't update with the clocks that are set, so you'll never understand which V/F point affects which frequency, if pre as in the case above 60x2 59X4 etc., the V/F scale always starts at 9 and goes up to 58X where points 9 10 and 11 are all at 58X

When you change the LLC the DC_LL value is not changed to the correct resistor, so it's up to you to test and guess at random.

When you press F6 and reset the uefi bios to standard values, the bios sets completely out of INTEL spec, PL1 and PL2 are set to 160W when they should be 125 and 532, the CPU multiplier is set to 55X8 at the p-core and 43X16 at the e-core and not 58x2 and 55x8.

If you set the p-core in By Core Usage you can't set the e-core differently, otherwise windows sees the multipliers at 30x8 and 20x16, so e-core and p-core can't use different logics, which is what Intel intended.

In short a big mess dear Asrock.

Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 7:11am
Yea BCLK issue is same for me. Standard values also don't match spec. On top of that v7.04 also overvolts my CPU at default settings, making it run hotter than it should and did with 6.02, went from 1.216 to 1.286V for no reason at all.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 5:06pm
Just for reference and the people reading this, I'm reacting to my previous statement about the increased vcore.

I found out the reason for the increased vcore from 6.02 and before to 7.04 and the just released 8.05.

It was that the default setting for load line calibration changed, from 5 to 4 in those two bioses. Manually changing it back to 5 they show the same vcore behaviour as before.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic