ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e Lightning beep shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technoplume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x670e Lightning beep shutdown
    Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 10:41pm
Hi, last PC I build was in the XP time, good old FX cpu. Any way The new build on this x670e Lightning when I restart it will do 2 beep and just idle and do nothing. Light stay on and fans. I also have 5 beep when booting, that I found to probably b the CPU. I have taken inspected and re seated the cpu a few time, swap the memory around, and it just keep beeping. I turn the igpu Off in bios and tryed a few different setting, the thing is it will beep even if the old gtx 770 is not in the motherboard, also beep on my older 560ti. Has of right now the system boot in windows 10 and works. I had 3 random freeze so far but i,m still trouble shooting. I ran a bench mark, check Hwinfo and every thing seem to work fine in windows. I see no warning sign. Any tough ?

technoplume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technoplume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:28am
Well I have change the NVME place and the 5 beep go away and the system boot fine now.... ONLY but ONLY when I have a monitor plug in the Motherboard. It is not posting on the 770 GTX. Still learning so of the BIOS feature. Instead of restarting I do shutdown also, to not have the system hang. I found in an other post / forum or website that some error with s3 or something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic