ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is ASRock working on agesa 1.0.0.7 for AM5 £

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is ASRock working on agesa 1.0.0.7 for AM5 £
    Posted: 01 May 2023 at 11:33pm
AMD released new bios/firmware for AM5: Agesa 1.0.0.7 to protect AMD Ryzen 7xxxx processors and such.

Is ASRock working or planning to integrate this bios firmware version into their own and if so when will it approximately be available ?
Kelutrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelutrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 5:11am
Bios v1.24.AS02 with AGESA 1.0.0.7 is already out for at least for the Taichi and Taichi Carrara mobos, and can be downloaded in the BIOS section of the respective webpages on the ASRock website.

However, multiple sources declared that AGESA 1.0.0.7 looks rushed and may be buggy (for example here: https://wccftech.com/current-amd-agesa-1-0-0-7-bios-firmware-riddled-with-bugs-patched-version-intro-thermal-limitations-fix-memory-compatibility ), so you may be better waiting a bit for the following agesa version.
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 2:12am
I attempting to install 1.0.0.7 but it seems 1.21 doesn't find it. I didn't bother to downgrade to see if this is a 1.21 bug or not. I figured I'll just wait for the next bios update at this point since people are saying it's buggy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic