ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B365M Pro4 (P4.50)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xeratais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B365M Pro4 (P4.50)
    Posted: 21 May 2023 at 11:32am
Bought a ASRock B365M Pro4 3 years ago from microcenter and it has been a really good system for a long while now. But here recently it has had a horrid problem.
System will POST just fine 100% of the time. The issue is random as it will randomly restart and then get stuck at a blank screen (NO POST) and then power cycle multiple times. Sometimes it does not recover automatically, and I must force a hard shutdown. Upon turning it back on it will sometimes post. Resetting the bios to factory defaults will sometimes fix it. It will even do this just sitting in the BIOS configuration doing absolutely nothing. Nothing has been overclocked *this board does not support actual overclocking only allowing tweaking ram timings because you know Intel wants you to spend more* I have checked my ram and my PSU and both are fine. The PSU is a 850 watt unit from corsair and passes being slammed hard in another system *other system is a AMD FX 8000??? forget the exact model* and a GT260 which is a hungry monster and is 100% stable even after 24 hours of Prime95 and MSI Kombustor. ram passes memtest no errors and intel's own processor test passes 100% when the system is not acting up.
*i have tried swapping ram DIMM's around reseating the GPU and CPU and removing all drives and running a Linux Live environment from a pen drive and trying another Known good power supply *SPI 600-watt unit in the wife's PC and it still did it. Again this is absolutely 100% stable and it absolutely random as i can leave it on for days and nothing happens then when I decide to do something like copy a large file and or defragment one of my large drives or watch a YouTube video it will lock up with a black screen and a glitched out repeating sound if watching a video then multiple power cycles and a reboot. sometimes it will come up stating overclocking has failed/system failed to boot default settings applied and again nothing is overclocked, and voltages are at defaults.
Sadly, Id wish to continue using this system as is but I use my pc for more than just watching cat videos and playing games and it is rather important that it works so thus I have ordered me a new MB from new egg and hopefully i can get this one fixed and slap another CPU in it for the wife as she needs an upgrade. any help would be appreciated.

*Parts installed in this system are an Intel Core i5 9600K **it was on sale at the time and was a better option than the i3 they had, and cheaper** ram is Kingston ACR24D4U6S8MB "2" 16 gig kit running at 2400Mhz, a PNY CS2140 NVME drive multiple hard drives and a MSI Ventus GP RTX2070, Corsair RM850 PSU Generic Mouse and generic keyboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic