ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4
    Posted: 23 May 2023 at 11:16pm
Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 is slowly flashing red and not POSTing. Ale cables triple-checked. CPU compatible (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X requires a certain BIOS version, but it should be installed). Fans are not spinning.

RAM - Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series DDR4. Is it possible that the board requires 4x16GB instead of 2x32GB, and that is preventing it from booting?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 3:42am
If you have some spare RAM to test with I would try with a smaller module. The
fans should be spinning up when you power on though. Double check your power cables
and make sure your power switch is connected to the correct pins on the board.
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:27am
Thanks for your reply. The power switch is correctly seated; I tried to jump-start it regardless. Do not have a spare RAM at the moment, will organise one if everything else fails. When I try to start it, all I can hear is a quiet "click" from PS, which is believe is normal.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:54pm
If you don't have any fans connected to the motherboard I would suggest connecting
one so you can see if it powers on when the system is powered. Some PSUs only
turn on the fans once they heat up. A case fan will spin full speed for a moment
before settling down.
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:56pm
Alright, update.

The GPU is fine - tested with different build
The system is fine - boots with different GPU.
The PS is fine - tested my PS on different built and different PS on my build.

Any ideas. It seems like my GPU shorts when trying to boot. If I were to borrow any other GPU any chances that something in BIOS needs to be updated/changed to work with my GPU?

vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:22am
And yes the PS is powerful enough to handle the GPU
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:24am
What is the GPU?
vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:27pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:16pm
Hmm, yeah, that should work. I would fire off a support ticket to ASRock and ask
them for help:

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

If you were using an old Quadro card or the like it would explain the symptoms but
the 3070 should just work.

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic