ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox N3000 no boot without monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox N3000 no boot without monitor
    Posted: 06 May 2016 at 10:57pm
I've bought this unit for a low power Linux web server.

But after an update to BIOS 1.80 it doesn't boot if a monitor is not attached.

It works with BIOS 1.70 and 1.50.

Except this problem it's a perfect machine for a service server. But it's important to be able to do an headless server.

MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:22am
I've same issue with N3000.

It isn't possible to boot without attached display.

Did you find any solution to fix it?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Mechano Mechano wrote:

I've bought this unit for a low power Linux web server.

But after an update to BIOS 1.80 it doesn't boot if a monitor is not attached.

It works with BIOS 1.70 and 1.50.

Except this problem it's a perfect machine for a service server. But it's important to be able to do an headless server.

If the PC booted without a monitor with the two previous UEFI versions, then this issue should be able to be fixed.

The update in version 1.80 should not break that capability, updating the NTFS module.

Please report this issue to Technical Support: http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Include at least the same information you did in your post, about the various UEFI versions, and running headless.

The Computex 2016 PC hardware show will begin on May 29, and I know a good portion of the ASRock staff will be working the show. Which means it may be a while before this gets fixed.

If your server can work fine for you with the other UEFI versions, you'll need to use them instead for a while.

Just asking, what happens now when no monitor is attached? The PC fails to POST? Do you get any POST beep codes? Of course, how can you tell without a monitor if the PC completes POST, etc.

Any chance a new UEFI option was added, or a default value for possibly a Chipset related option was changed?

MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:00am
I've reported this issue to Asrock directly.

I also did some test to set default values but it doesn't help and I don't hear any beep code at freeze in headphone (Beebox doesn't have internal speaker).
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 5:48am
I've found a solution to boot headless for Ubuntu.

It's enough to install the latest microcode for Intel (see https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25512/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic