ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H670M Pro RS no HDMI signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmerich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H670M Pro RS no HDMI signal
    Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 7:06pm
Hi,

i've bought a H670M Pro RS mainboad, powerd by an 750 W Thermaltake, an 16 GB Storage CT6040FRA32S, Intel i5-13600K.

After power on at button the CPU Fan works, but there is no signal on the HDMI port.
One of the 4 LED on board is lightning red.

I also tryed other storage KVR32N22D8/32 with the same result.

The monitor is checked by another PC also the cable. Also I tryed an oter monitor and another cable.

Can anybody tell me how I can find the error?

I've an second board Z690M-ITX/ax, also insered a new other Intel i5-13600k and the same storage with an other power supply from Enermax. This board has the same (!) Problem with the intel cpu. Both cpu's are new out of the original box.
Thank you.
Timmerich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmerich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 8:08pm
I thing I found the reason. The board's (brandnew from dealer) needs a bios update :-(.

How to hell should I do this without HDMI output?! The board needs a CPU for the bios menu.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 3:47am
Unfortunately this happens. ASRock can't flash boards that have already been sold
to retail outlets. The retail outlet is responsible for updating BIOSes for their
inventory. You could reach out to your retailer and see if they have some kind of
policy for this.

Otherwise you will need to buy/borrow a compatible CPU so you can update your BIOS.
Perhaps from a store that will allow you to return it afterwards. Alternatively
you could take the system in to a service center and pay them to flash the BIOS
for you and get it all working together.

Before motherboard manufacturers were forced to switch to the larger, soldered
BIOS ROMs (they were socketed before), ASRock would have been able to send you
a new BIOS ROM that is preflashed with the correct BIOS version. Sadly those socketed
ROMs are no longer produced and were never available in the capacities needed for
current generation BIOS files.

Try with the retailer first, hopefully they will be able to sort out the issue
for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic