ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock 970A-G/3.1  wont post  just two short beebs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock 970A-G/3.1 wont post just two short beebs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgls008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock 970A-G/3.1 wont post just two short beebs
    Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:21pm
I hope someone can help me with this problem. My computer stopped posted anything but fans and everything else seems to run and it lets out two short beeps which indicates a memory parity problem. The fix for that they say is try a different outlet and or replace memory mods. Ok done that still same problem.??   I tried the old memory that was in it when this happened and it works fine in other machines and also the graphics card all work in other machines, Ive tried different combos of memory and sizes. so its safe to say its not the memory

Ok now to my question is it possible the problem lies within the bios chip? and before you answer that it wouldnt hurt to try Im trying to do this on the cheep and for the knowledge. I dont want to waist $15 when a used mobo is $100 and I could put it to the that total. hope someone knows how to fix or can tell me how to avoid this problem again cause im planning to get the same one if I have to replace it

CDouglas
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:31pm
Follow the steps to clear CMOS listed here:
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If that doesn't help, try removing and checking the CPU for any sign of damage
(burning, bent pins etc). If it looks OK reinstall it and test again. You can also
try a new CMOS battery, a dying one can sometimes cause issues depending on the
motherboard. They are cheap and can be used for all kinds of other purposes if
it's not the issue.

If none of that helps, try a different PSU, a dead/marginal PSU can cause all kinds
of issues.
ddgls008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgls008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:26pm
Thank you for your quick response I have just started the process you described in your link and I will definitely let you know latter today how that goes. as too your other suggestions, I did find out shortly after the problem happened that my cmos batt was bad because I tried using it on a diff mobo it was at 1.5v and these are considered dead at 2.9 but I didnt know that might currupt the bios. I also had tried a diff cpu and a diff power supply but my spare power supply only has the 4 pin not 8 pin power plug and i only have the 6pin molex adaptor.   

One other thing I didnt mention is that when I was swapping the memory cards around it would switch between the 2 short beeps to 3 long beeps which is basically the same error code but thought that was a little weird.    And thinking back a couple months ago I was checking my sys info with cpuz and it would say that it was not in duel channel mode even though I had not move them from where their meant to be but I tried fixing it and I was not able to fix it but it corrected itself a week latter. so yes I think I have tried everything short of spending cash but have not tried your way entirely yet I let the batt sit out for more than a day have left the power disconnected for days but not all these at once and I really hope your way works cause Im out of Ideas
CDouglas
ddgls008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgls008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:57pm
well sorry it took so long to reply I tried your method but extended the time I left the batt out to two days. To my dismay it did not work but it was worth a try. So long story short I bought another mobo same one (still cheaper than am5 ddr5 mobo) which would be nice but out of my price rage for now.   

New question if I take the bios chip out of the new one I got and put it in the old one that does not post could the mobo damage the good bios chip? cause it would be nice to know if that would fix it without wasting $15 on one that I wouldnt need if it would not solve the problem but dont want to buy one cause of curiousity
CDouglas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic