ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

870 extreme3 r2.0 new video card no post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorpec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 870 extreme3 r2.0 new video card no post
    Posted: 07 May 2016 at 8:38pm
Hello to the ASRock Community!

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone might have a solution to. I recently installed a Sapphire Nitro R7 370 4Gb video card onto an 870 Extreme3 R2.0 motherboard running the V1.80 BIOS, running an AMD Phenom II x6 processor.

The problem is that when I try to boot up the computer with the Nitro R7 installed, the fans spin up, but there is no POST and no indication that the computer is trying to boot.

The GPU that was installed in the computer up until a short while ago (and is back in there right now) is an HD6570. That card is working fine with the motherboard, so I don't think its a MB issue. As for the Nitro R7, that card ran fine on a old Compaq board, so the video card is fine.

I had the BIOS V1.30 and updated  to V1.80, but no luck

Thanks in advance
jorpec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorpec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 10:23pm
Hi again

I was able to fix it :D

Here what i did to help others with the same problem, there is a bios update on beta area the V1.80b, i download and installed, working fine now

here the asrock link

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/870%20Extreme3%20R2.0/?cat=Beta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic