ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A88M-G/3.1 fans still run after OS shuts down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatthetrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A88M-G/3.1 fans still run after OS shuts down
    Posted: 08 May 2016 at 3:19pm
So I recently purchased an ASRock A88m-G/3.1 motherboard to go with my amd A6 7400k for my first build, once I got everything set up I turned it on took a a few tries for it to get past post it kept shutting off and on until it finally let me into windows everything worked fine until I went to shut it off and the os shuts down but the everything else stays running I have to hold down the power switch to shutdown and boots back up but again takes atleast two tries powers on and off doesnt make  it to post then goes to windows 
I've tried flashing the bios to the must recent version didn't work, and double checked all my power connections everything looks fine, my specs are A6 7400k, crucial 8gb DDR3 1600 dual channel, corsair cx 750w and using an r7 240, maybe its a setting in the bios ?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 5:38pm
Try clearing CMOS using this method and see if that helps.
whatthetrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatthetrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 8:34am
took the battery out for 6+ hours while I was at work still doesn't shut down completely could it be because I installed the OS using a different board, I installed the new drivers for it after I installed the board but maybe the old ones are still causing problems?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 11:48am
It is always best to perform a fresh install when you change the motherboard, It is almost certainly the cause. I have seen similar issues with shutting down when the OS was not freshly installed. Sometimes it works well enough simply transferring the OS drive from a previous system but fairly often it causes issues and shut down behavior is a commonly effected element.

whatthetrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatthetrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 11:47pm
that did it reinstalled the OS and everything works fine thanks  for the assist
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 12:08am
Any time Wink

Glad you got it sorted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic